Daily Announcements for the Week of 12/3/18
- Are you interested in getting your Scuba Diving certification? Or possibly want to learn more about Scuba diving and try it out? Well, the Bronco Scuba Club is finally here. The Scuba Club is open to all students and staff who have a valid Legacy ID. We will have our first informative meeting Monday Dec. 10th at 3:15 in room W320. If you have questions you can contact Coach Redwine.
- 2nd Semester schedules are available to view on Skyward. If you find an error or want to request a level change, pick up a schedule change form in the Counseling Center before or after school, or during lunch. Forms must be completed and returned to Counseling Office by 3:00 on Wednesday, December 5th.
- There will be a meeting for all boys that want to run track (sprinters, throwers, distance runners, jumpers) Wednesday, December 5 at 3:15 in Coach Bates room W315.
- The JROTC Department competed at the Grand Prairie Shoot Out Drill Competition this past weekend. There were over 25 teams in competition traveling as far as Lawton, Oklahoma and these are the results:
Female Color Guard Inspection Phase- 2nd Place Overall
Male Color Guard Inspection Phase- 1st Place Overall
Male Color Guard Performance Phase- 1st Place Overall
Armed Drill Inspection Phase- 1st Place Overall
Unarmed Drill Regulation Phase- 2nd Place Overall
Overall Grand Champion- 3rd Place Overall
This was the final tune up competition before the teams compete at the regionals in January to secure a spot at the 2019 US Army JROTC National Drill Competition in Richmond, Virginia. Good Luck Bronco Battalion!
- Congratulations to Caroline Brown and Katelyn Pasierb who took 3rd and 4th place in Persuasive Speaking Contest at Burleson Centennial Tournament this past weekend.
Also Congratulate Jaivia Conaway who took 2nd Place in Poetry Interpretation in her prelim round. This was her very first tournament. Thank you Ms. Stanley for working with her to build our Poetry /Prose Team.
- Hola students! Spanish Honor Society is looking for new members! If you are interested in learning about a new culture, helping diverse people, and earning scholarships you will have a perfect place in Spanish Honor Society. You DO NOT have to speak spanish, but you do have to be in, or have already completed, Spanish 2 or higher. Come to AJ-103 today after school for more information. Hasta luego!